Aadi Mahotsav UPSC | Why In The News ?
The virtual edition of the Mahotsav – Madhya Pradesh was held.
About Aadi Mahotsav :
- The virtual edition of the Aadi Mahotsav – Madhya Pradesh was held.
- The Aadi Mahotsav – A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Crafts, Cuisine and Commerce – was commenced in 2017.
- This is the first time that the Aadi Mahotsav is being held in Ladakh as in earlier times, the Tribal Ministry never got a response from the J&K administration.
The theme of the festival is :
- “A celebration of the spirit of Tribal Craft, Culture and Commerce”.
- TRIFED essentially is to play the role of a ‘Service provider’ & ‘Market Developer.’
Aadi Mahotsav is a national tribal festival and a joint initiative of :
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India & Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED).
Read Also – Makaravilakku Festival UPSC
Main Features Of Festival :
- The festival showcases traditional art and handicrafts and cultural heritage of the country.
- The festival was an attempt to familiarise the people with the rich and diverse craft, culture of the tribal communities across the country, in one place.
Significance of the event:
- As the name of this event Mahotsav suggests, it is it’s ‘Adi’ factor that is important about them.
- The Adivasi way of life is guided by primal truths, eternal values and a natural simplicity.
- The greatness of the tribes lies in this that they have managed to retain the primal skills and natural simplicity.
- This quality gives their arts and crafts a timeless appeal.
- The crudest tribal handicraft instantly touches a primal instinct in all of us.
- This is particularly true in tribal music and dance.
Source : Indian Express