India Digital Ecosystem of Agriculture ( IDEA ) | UPSC | Explained | Why In The News ?
Government is in the process of finalising ‘India Digital Ecosystem of Agriculture (IDEA)’ which will lay down a framework for Agristack
GS Paper 3: Indian Agriculture- e-technology in the aid of farmers;Technology missions.
- AgriStack will create “a unified platform for farmers to provide them end to end services across the agriculture food value chain.
- It is a collection of technologies and digital databases that focuses on farmers and the agricultural sector.
- AgriStack will create a unified platform for farmers to provide them end to end services across the agriculture food value chain.
- It is in line with the Centre’s Digital India programme, aimed at providing a broader push to digitise data in India, from land titles to medical records.
- The government is also implementing the National Land Records Modernisation Programme (NRLMP).
- Under the programme, each farmer will have a unique digital identification (farmers’ ID) that contains personal details, information about the land they farm, as well as production and financial details.
- Each ID will be linked to the individual’s digital national ID Aadhaar.
- “National Agri Data Stack” that can serve as a foundational data layer on which “agri focussed solutions” will be built.
- A ‘national agriculture geo hub’, will provide the required GIS tools and technologies and create and collate farmer and other agriculture data services on GIS platform.
Read Also : List of Bird Sanctuaries In India With Map | UPSC
Objectives of India Digital Ecosystem of Agriculture (IDEA)
|National Digital Agriculture Ecosystem :||
|Increasing farmer’s income:||
|Ensuring sync between various planning and execution :||
|Efficient use of Resources :||
|To Provide Location Specific Service :||
|To Build Capacities :||
|Promote R & D :||
Pilot projects by private players (approved by the agriculture ministry):
|MOU with Microsoft:
MoU with Star Agribazaar:
MoU with Patanjali:
MoU with Amazon Internet Services:
Esri India MoU: