Sabki Yojna Sabka Vikas | UPSC | Explained | Why in The news ?
Under Article 243 G of Constitution, Panchayats have been mandated for preparation and implementation of plans for economic development and social justice.
Thus, Panchayats have a significant role to play in the effective and efficient implementation of flagship schemes/programmes on subjects of national importance for transforming rural India.
About Sabki Yojna Sabka Vikas Campaign:
- Sabki Yojna Sabka Vikas campaign has been launched by the Ministry of Panchayats Raj from 2nd October 2020 to 31st January 2021.
- It was also launched during 2018 and 2019.
- To help Gram Panchayats(GPs) in the preparation of a convergent and holistic Gram Panchayat Development Plan(GPDP) through the identification of sectoral infrastructural gaps in respective areas.
Objectives of the Sabki Yojna Sabka Vikas Campaign:
The objectives of the campaign includes:
- Strengthening of elected representatives and Self Help Groups.
- Evidence-based assessment of progress made in 2020-21 and proposals for 2021-22 in all 29 subjects of XI Schedule.
- Public disclosure on Schemes, finances.
- Preparation of inclusive, participatory and evidence based GPDP for 2021-22.
Significance of the campaign:
- Sabki Yojana Sabka Vikas is an effective strategy for ensuring the preparation of GPDP in a campaign mode.
- It also converges all resources available at the Panchayat level related to 29 subjects listed in the Eleventh Schedule of the Constitution.
About Gram Panchayat Development Plan(GPDP):
- Under Article 243 G of the Constitution, Gram Panchayats have been mandated for the preparation of GPDP for economic development and social justice utilizing the resources available to them.
- The GPDP planning process should be comprehensive and participatory by involving full convergence with the schemes of all related Central Ministries / Line Departments.