Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology | UPSC | Why In The News ?
Cabinet approves MoU between Indian Institute of Space science and Technology (IIST) and The Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), the Netherlands for research collaboration.
About MOU :
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Indian Institute of Space science and Technology (IIST) and The Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), for carrying out the Academic programmes and Research activities involving students and faculty members in each institution.
About IIST :
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is a government-aided institute and deemed university for the study and research of space science, located at Valiamala, Nedumangad, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- It is the first university in Asia to be solely dedicated to the study and research of Outer space.
Details of MoU:
|Students exchange programme||
|Dual Degree/Double Degree programme||
|Internships and project work||
Benefits Of MOU :
- Signing of this Agreement shall enable pursuing the following potential interest areas of cooperation such as, exchange of faculty members, students and researchers, scientific materials, publications and information.
- Joint research meeting, PhD program, Dual Degree/Double Degree programme.
- Cooperation with the EWI, TU Delft, The Netherlands an oldest and largest Dutch public Technological University through this Agreement would lead to develop a joint activity in research in the area of Science and Technology. Thus, all sections and regions of the country will get benefited.
- The signed Agreement will provide impetus to explore newer research activities and application possibilities in the field of Science and Technology.
Source : pmindia.gov.in