Vaccine Hesitancy In India UPSC | Reasons | Solution | – WHO defines Vaccine hesitancy as a delay in acceptance or refusal of vaccines despite the availability of vaccination services. Vaccine hesitancy has been reported in more than 90% of countries in the world. Various online surveys have been conducted recently to check vaccine acceptance among the general population.
- GS- 1: Society
- GS-2: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation
What is Vaccine Hesitancy ? | Vaccine Hesitancy In India UPSC
- It refers to delay in acceptance or refusal of vaccines despite availability of vaccine services. It is complex and context specific varying across time, place and vaccine. It Is influenced by factors such as complacency, convenience and confidence.
Or In Sort We Can Say That – Vaccine hesitancy is defined as a reluctance or refusal to vaccinate despite the availability of vaccine services.
What Are The Reasons Of Vaccine Hesitancy In India And All Over World ?
- Concerns over safety, efficacy, and side effects due to the record-breaking timelines of the vaccines
- Competition among several companies Which Led To Misinformation About Vaccines
- Religious taboos
- A storm of misinformation around COVID-19 vaccines
- Susceptible of people to misinformation due to existing biases, information overload and limited attention spans.
- Inconvenience in accessing vaccines is also the leading cause of vaccine hesitancy.
How We Can Eliminate Vaccine Hesitancy From Our Society ?
- Make Public Aware:
- Use Social Media Platforms to counter any misinformation regarding vaccines and spread awareness.
- Use the celebrity effect — the ability of prominent personalities to influence others to take vaccines.
- Fact-check any news related to COVID-19 vaccines.
- Explain Full process Of vaccine Development
- Keep transparency In Full Process