Shanghai Cooperation Organisation UPSC ( SCO ) | Members | Functions | – It’s creation was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai (China) by the Republic of Kazakhstan, the People’s Republic of China, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan. Here YoU will get All Important Details About The SCO.
The SCO covers 40%of the global population, nearly 20% of the global GDP and 22% of the world’s land mass.
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation UPSC (SCO):
- It is a permanent intergovernmental international organisation.
- It was created in 2001.
- It’s creation was announced on 15 June 2001 in Shanghai (China) by the Republic of Kazakhstan, the People’s Republic of China, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Prior to the creation of SCO in 2001, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan were members of the Shanghai Five.
- It was preceded by the Shanghai Five mechanism.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Charter was signed during the St.Petersburg SCO Heads of State meeting in June 2002, and entered into force on 19 September 2003.
- The SCO’s official languages are Russian and Chinese.
- Shanghai Five (1996) emerged from a series of border demarcation and demilitarization talks which the four former Soviet republics held with China to ensure stability along the borders.
- Following the accession of Uzbekistan to the organisation in 2001, the Shanghai Five was renamed the SCO.
- India and Pakistan became members in 2017.
Structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
Members | Observers | Dialogue Parteners Of SCO
Members Of SCO
Observer states Of SCO
Dialogue Partner Of SCO
What Are The Main Objectives Of Sanghai CoOperation Organization ?
- Strengthening mutual trust and neighbourliness among the member states.
- Promoting effective cooperation in -politics, trade & economy, research & technology and culture.
- Enhancing ties in education, energy, transport, tourism, environmental protection, etc.
- Maintain and ensure peace In Region
- Maintaning Security In Region
- Maintaning Stability in the Region.
- Establishment of a democratic, fair and rational new international political & economic order.
Questions And Answers Based On Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
|1.As of now how many members are in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)?
Answer – B
|2.What is the other name of SCO?
Answer – A
|3. Which of the following country was not the founding member of the SCO?
Answer – C
|4. Where is the headquarter of SCO?
|5.When was SCO established?
Answer – C
|6.The main aim of SCO is to generate cooperation between member nations on: