Project Dantak UPSC | UPSC Current Affairs & Quiz – Project DANTAK is commemorating its Diamond Jubilee in Bhutan.
Project Dantak UPSC | UPSC Current Affairs & Quiz
- Project DANTAK was established on April 24, 1961 as a result of the visionary leadership of His Majesty the Third King and then Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- DANTAK was tasked to construct the pioneering motorable roads in the Kingdom.
- DANTAK completed the road connecting Samdrup Jongkhar to Trashigang in 1968.
- In the same year, Thimphu was connected to Phuentsholing by DANTAK. Many Bhutanese had also volunteered to work with DANTAK.
- Some other notable projects executed by the project include the construction of Paro Airport, Yonphula Airfield, Thimphu – Trashigang Highway, Telecommunication & Hydro Power Infrastructure, Sherubtse College, Kanglung and India House Estate.
- The medical and education facilities established by DANTAK in far flung areas were often the first in those locations.
- Over 1,200 DANTAK personnel laid down their lives while constructing important infrastructure in Bhutan.
Project Dantak | Questions Based On This Topic
Q1- in Which Year project Dantak Was Established …
- 24 April 1960
- 24 April 1962
- 24 April 1961
- 24 April 1963
Q2 – Who Was The prime Minister Of India When project Dantak Was Established ?
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Jawahar Lal Nehru
- Indira Gandhi
- None Of The Above
Source : PIB
|Important link For UPSC Material For Prelims , Mains & Optional Subjects|
|UPSC Prelims Material|
|UPSC Mains Material|
|UPSC Current Affairs|
|UPSC Daily MCQ For Prelims|
|UPSC Prelims Test Series|
|UPSC Mains Test Series|
|UPSC Toppers Answer Sheets|
|UPSC Previous Years Papers|
|UPSC Standard Books|
|UPSC Optional Test Series|
|UPSC Coaching Material|
|UPSC Toppers Notes|
|UPSC Personality Test Material|
|Yojana Magazine Download|
|UPSC Coaching Academies Magazine Download|
|Note – All Material Here Provided By UPSC247.Com Is Only For Educational Purposes . Our Main Aim Is To Provide Free Material To Economic Weaker Section Students Who Can Not Afford Costly Material .|