E Rupi UPSC | Why In The News ?
The Prime Minister has launched a digital Initiative named “e-RUPI”.
E Rupi UPSC | Voucher Based Digital Payment System Of India
|Name Of The Article||e-RUPI Digital Payment|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Provide Cashless And Contactless Instrument For Making Digital Payments|
About e-RUPI :
- e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless instrument for digital payment. It is founded on the Unified Payment Interface(UPI) platform.
- This platform is a cashless and contactless instrument that will be used for making digital payments.
- It is a QR code or SMS string-based e-voucher which will be delivered to the mobile of the users.
- The users will be able to redeem this voucher without any digital payment app, internet banking, or card.
- This digital payment platform has been developed by the national payments corporation of India on its UPI platform.
- The collaborating partners are the Department of Financial Services, the Ministry of health and family welfare, and the national health authority.
- It is designed to be a person and purpose-specific digital payment solution.
- It seeks to ensure that government schemes reach intended beneficiaries in a targeted and leak-proof manner, with limited touchpoints between the government and the beneficiary.
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in collaboration with the Department of Financial Services (DFS)
- The Union Health Ministry
- The National Health Authority (NHA)
Objective Of eRUPI Digital Payment
- The main objective of the e-RUPI digital payment platform is to provide a cashless and contactless payment system so that citizens can make digital payments without any kind of difficulty.
- With the help of this payment platform, users can make payments in a secure manner.
- This payment platform uses QR code or SMS string-based e-voucher which will be delivered to the mobile of the beneficiary.
- e-RUPI digital payment platform ensures the timely payment of the services without the involvement of an intermediary.
- Users are not required to carry any cards or digital payment app or have internet banking access in order to make payments which will make the payment process simple and secure.
Features Of e-RUPI Digital Payment
- This platform will be cashless and contactless instrument
- Through this system users can make digital payments through QR code or SMS string based e-voucher
- This voucher will deliver to the mobile of the users.
- Users can redeem this voucher without any payment app, internet banking or card.
- e-RUPI does not require any kind of service provider to make payment
- This platform can also be used for providing services under schemes which are meant for providing drugs and nutritional support.
List Of Banks That Are Live With e-RUPI
|Name of Banks||Issuer||Acquirer||Acquiring App|
|Union Bank of India||Yes||No||NA|
|State bank of India||Yes||Yes||YONO SBI Merchant|
|Punjab national bank||Yes||Yes||PNB Merchant Pay|
|ICICI bank||Yes||Yes||Bharat Pe and PineLabs|
|HDFC bank||Yes||Yes||HDFC Business App|
|Bank of Baroda||Yes||Yes||BHIM Baroda Merchant Pay|
|Axis bank||Yes||Yes||Bharat Pe|
Benefits Of e-RUPI For Different Sectors ;
|Benefits for Consumers||
|Benefits for Hospitals||
|Benefits for Corporates||
Significance of e-RUPI:
- e-RUPI is expected to be a revolutionary initiative in the direction of ensuring a leak-proof delivery of welfare services.
- It can be used for delivering services under schemes, meant for providing drugs and nutritional support like Ayushman Bharat fertilizer subsidies, etc.
- Even the private sector can leverage these digital vouchers as part of their employee welfare and corporate social responsibility programs.
Are there global examples of a voucher-based welfare system?
- In the US, there is the system of education vouchers or school vouchers, which is a certificate of government funding for students selected for state-funded education to create a targeted delivery system.
- These are essentially subsidies given directly to parents of students for the specific purpose of educating their children.
- In addition to the US, the school voucher system has been used in several other countries such as Colombia, Chile, Sweden, Hong Kong, etc.
About National Payment Corporation Of India
- National Payment Corporation of India is an organization that is responsible for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India.
- This organization has been started by the Reserve Bank of India and the Indian banks’ association.
- This organization works under the provision of payment and settlement systems act 2017 in order to create robust payment and settlement infrastructure in India.
- National Payment Corporation of India is a non-profit organization that works under the provision of section 8 of the companies act 2013.
- NPCI is also responsible for maintaining the infrastructure for the banking system in India for physical and electronic payment and settlement systems through the use of technology.
- This organization focuses on bringing innovation to the payment system by introducing of technology.
The promoter banks of NPCI are
- State bank of India
- Punjab national bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
- ICICI bank
- HDFC bank
Other Services Provided By NPCI
Unified payment interface (UPI)
Rupee and Payment (RuPay)
Bharat Interface For Money (BHIM)
National Automated Clearing House (NACH)
Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC)
Adhaar Enabled Payment System(AePS)
National Financial Switch(NFS)
Cheque Truncation System(CTS)
Download e-RUPI Digital Payment Mobile App
- First of all open Google play store or Apple App Store in your mobile phone
- Now in the search box you have to enter e-RUPI Digital payment
- After that you have to click on search
- A list of apps will display before you
- You have to click on the first option
- After that you have to click on install
- e-RUPI digital payment mobile app will download in your device
Procedure To Redeem e-RUPI Voucher
- The beneficiary have to show the e-RUPI QR code or SMS at the service provider outlet
- The salesperson require to scan this QR code or SMS
- Now an OTP will receive through the beneficiary
- The beneficiary have to to share this OTP with the service provider
- Service provider have to enter this OTP into the OTP box
- Now service provider have to click on proceed
- Payment will make to the service provider
Contact The Department
- Visit the official website of national payments Corporation of India
- The homepage will open before you
- On the homepage click on get in touch Option
- Now a new page will appear before you
- On this new page you have to enter the following details:-
- Email ID
- Captcha code
- After that click on submit button
- By following this procedure you can contact the department
View Contact Details Of Offices Of NPCI
- Go to the official website of national payments Corporation of India
- The homepage will open before you
- Now you have to click on get in touch option.
- A new page will open before you
- You have to scroll down
- At the bottom of the page you can view the details of offices of NPCI
- Through this article, we have provided you with all the important details regarding e-RUPI digital payment.
- If you are still facing any kind of problem then you can contact the department through its helpline number in order to solve your problem.
- The helpline number is 18001201740.