Yellow Fungus UPSC | Spread | Symptoms | Treatment | Precautions – After White Fungus and Black Fungus (Mucormycosis), now another fungal infection ‘Yellow Fungus’ has created a stir. The first case of yellow fungus was reported from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh on May 24, 2021. Yellow fungus infection which grows internally is said to be more dangerous than Black and White Fungus and it is recommended to seek early treatment.
What is Yellow Fungus?
- Yellow Fungus, dangerous than white or black fungus, is another fungal infection that has been attributed to COVID-19.
- Health experts say it is a fatal infection.
- Yellow Fungus is commonly found in reptiles.
- The first case of Yellow Fungus in humans was reported in Ghaziabad in a 45-year-old man who had recovered from COVID-19.
Causes Of Fungus
- Yellow Fungus thrives in unhygienic and high humidity conditions, or consuming unhygienic food.
- Environments with unsanitary conditions or humidity levels of more than 30 to 40 per cent are home to bacteria and fungus.
- Overuse of steroids .
- Antibacterial medications Also Reason.
- Poor oxygen use are also a few causes of the Yellow Fungus infection.
Prevention From Yellow Fungus
Doctors and specialists recommend that those who have weak immunity should remain on alert and contact a doctor if they notice any symptoms.
- Follow proper mask mandates
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Keep your surroundings clean
Symptoms of Yellow Fungus
Yellow Fungus grows internally with symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Extreme lethargy
- Decrease in appetite or no appetite at all
- Internal bleeding
- Pus leakage
- Organs failure
- Slow healing of wounds
- Necrosis, in the worst case