UPSC Extra Attempt 2021 : Decision On Extra Attempt For UPSC Exam Soon By Center Government Of India . The central government has asked the Supreme Court for some time to decide on an extra attempt for the upcoming UPSC Prelims 2021 examination. The plea filed by 24 UPSC Civil Services aspirants, seeking an extra attempt for the exam, was heard by a bench comprising of Justices AM Khanwilkar, BR Gavai, and Krishnan Murari, who scheduled the next hearing.
UPSC Extra Attempt 2021 : Decision On Extra Attempt For UPSC Exam Soon
The Suprme Court was hearing a plea filed by 24 UPSC aspirants, seeking an extra attempt in the civil service examinations for the year 2021, as a one-time measure owing to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A bench headed by Justice AM Khanwilkar was informed by Solicitor General Tushar Mehta that the Center and the UPSC are making decisions on a proposal to give one more opportunity to affected students due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “It is under active consideration of the Centre and UPSC. We are not taking an adversarial stand,” Mehta said. Later, the bench posted the matter for further hearing on January 11, 2021.
- The bench was hearing a plea seeking an extra attempt in the UPSC exams for those candidates who had their last attempt in the preliminary exam held in October 2020.
- It also sought an extra opportunity for students who could not appear for civil service exams due to COVID-19.
- Senior Advocate Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for the petitioners, submitted that the court has directed the Centre to consider grant of an extra chance considering the difficulties of COVID-19.
- On September 30, the Supreme Court had directed the Central government and the UPSC to consider granting an extra chance to candidates who otherwise have their last attempt in 2020, with a corresponding extension of the upper age-limit.
- The Department of Personnel and Training had on October 26 informed the Supreme Court that the issue regarding grant of extra attempt to last chance candidates was under the consideration of the authorities.