Rare Yellow Turtle UPSC | Species In news | Why In News ?
Rare Yellow Turtle Caught in West Bengal’s East Midnapore
About Rare Yellow Turtle :
- This turtle is also known as “Indian flap shell turtle”.
- This turtle is commonly found in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Myanmar.
- It is omnivorous
- whose diet includes frogs, snails, and even some aquatic vegetation.
- The creature’s color is due to albinism.
What is albuminism:
- Albinism is a type of genetic disorder that occurs in the skin, eyes and hair, or in the pimples, feathers, or back of other species.
- It is a congenital disorder and it is characterized by complete or partial absence of tyrosine pigment.