INS Sandhayak UPSC | INS Sandhayak Decommissioned – Recently, the Ministry of Defence has announced the decommissioning of INS Sandhayak. INS Sandhayak UPSC | INS Sandhayak Decommissioned.
About INS Sandhayak
- It is the first of its class indigenously designed and built Hydrographic Survey Ship of Indian Navy.
- It was conceptualised by then Chief Hydrographer to the Govt. of India, Rear Admiral FL Fraser.
- The design was finalised by Naval Headquarters and the construction of the ship began at GRSE Kolkata by laying the keel in 1978.
- It was commissioned in the Indian Navy in 1981.
- It has undertaken approximately 200 major Hydrographic Surveys and numerous minor surveys in both East and West coasts of the country, the Andaman seas and the neighbouring countries too.
It has been an active participant in many significant operations such as:
- Operation Pawan: Assisting the Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka in 1987;
- Operations Sarong and Rainbow: Rendering humanitarian assistance post Tsunami of 2004; and
- Participation in maiden joint INDO-US HADR Exercise ‘Tiger-Triumph’
MCQ On INS INS Sandhayak UPSC
|Question : In Which Of The Following Year INS INS Sandhayak Was Commissioned In Indian Navy ?
|Question : In Which Of The Following Operation INS Sandhayak Participated In Srilanka ?
|Question : Which Of The Following Statement is Correct About INS Sandhayak
Choose The Correct Answer From Option Given below
Correct Answers :