UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2021 | CSAT General Ability Test Paper 2 Syllabus – CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) has two papers: General Studies and General Ability Test. It is mandatory for you to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. You will be disqualified in case you do not appear on both papers. Paper 2 Of CSAT Is Qualifying In Nature. CSAT Paper 2 Syllabus Is Provide below By Our Team UPSC247 For Your Easy Understanding.
UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2021 | CSAT General Ability Test Paper 2 Syllabus
CSAT Paper II: Marks: 200; Duration: 2 Hours; Number of Questions: 80
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy – numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. (Class X level)
- Data Interpretation – charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. (Class X level)
Marking Scheme: A total of 80 questions have 200 marks, thus each question is 2.5 marks. There is a negative marking of 33% or 0.83 marks. The Decision-making section doesn’t have any negative marking.
Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination is a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
The questions are of multiple-choice, objective type.
General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus
CSAT Paper I: Marks: 200; Duration: 2 Hours; Number of Questions: 100
- Current Affairs: Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography: Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development: Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialization required)
- General Science